Acer Iconia Tablet
10 inch – a500 $399 16GB (after coupons $299)
7 inch – a100 $329 8GB (after coupons $279)
– Expandable Memory Available
– Same ports and buttons (except: see below)
– Besides the obvious Size & Weight the 10 inch as a firmer aluminum feel compared to the 7 inch plastic feel
– Viewing Angle is better on the 10 inch
– Honey Comb 3.2 on 7 inch | 3.1 on 10 inch
– No standard USB on 7 inch, only micro usb
– Speakers are on the back for 10 inch versus on the side for 7 inch
– 7 inch has a useless home button which does exactly what the onscreen one does.
– Battery Life is better on the 10 inch
For $20 more I would opt for the 10 inch, but it was being at the right time/place for the coupons as those deals no longer exist. It also depends if portability is important to you. The 7 inch is cute and fun, especially if your on the go as you can hold it with one hand or put it in your back pocket. As you can see from the video the performance and game quality is equal. For me it came down to the Iconia vs the Transformer. The Asus Eee Pad Transformer has some light bleeding issues and no on-board standard usb port. Either way you can’t go wrong with one of these two as I believe they are the best Honeycomb tablets for under $400 on the market.
Don’t forget to add our RSS feed to your Pulse App or you can Show Us Love by Like, Follow, Subscribe on the right hand side.