Xbox One Review – The Verge
- Xbox One (released Nov/22/2013) comes 8 years after the Xbox 360
- Priced higher @ $499, but comes with a Microsoft Kinect
- The XB1 is basically another supercomputer with an added set top box/cable box built in – I do all my gaming on the PC
- It’s a little boxy, but looks cool…PS4 visuals win here
- Interface is Windows 8 like
- USB, Optical Audio Out, HDMI, Ethernet, etc.
- 8-Core AMD Jaguar CPU, GPU, 8GB Ram, 500GB Hard drive
- Powerful new Kinect – Recognizes you, voice control it, hand gesture control
- Apps like Netflix, Hulu, Internet Explorer, Skype etc…
- TV integration is cool, but doesn’t work great….yet
- As with the PS4, games just look better now, but will get better as more games come out
- Better games are out now on the Xbox like Rise & Forza
My advice in the PS4 review (read it here) was wait to see what the XBOX ONE. Like I said before, I’m a PC gamer and with looking at both consoles I would choose the Playstation 4. Probably because it looks cooler and has more bells and whistles I’d enjoy. You should pick the console that has more games you prefer. With both consoles being sold out as I write this (Nov/22/2013) good luck getting one before Christmas.